Saturday, August 6, 2016

A Sort of "Catch-up" Post

The past few months have been packed with changes, challenges, and growth. I figured I would just post a few pictures with subtitles to give you a small flavor of some of the things that have been keeping me busy.
 
The middle of June found one of my dearest friends and I graduating from the local community college, she as an RN, and me with a slightly lame Administrative Assistant degree.

(just pretend this is a picture with me sitting at the front desk in a classy lobby)

Shortly following graduation, I started working full-time at the law-firm as a receptionist/administrative assistant in addition to my estate planning department duties--the last few weeks have been packed with challenges and growth in my new position! I've really enjoyed being at the front desk as the face of the company and performing other administrative duties. The Lord is faithful!


Clari got engaged to the man of her dreams, Mr. Finally! Forgive the name, it's a long story...In truth, he his seriously awesome and their relationship is such a blessing to see! He loves the Lord and my sister, in addition to being able to put up with his soon-to-be sisters-in-law. :)

This picture is a bit old, but the Chunk has continued to melt our hearts with his adorable face and personality. Lord-willing, he will be having corrective heart surgery within the next few months. His condition, tetralogy of fallot, is a progessive condition and his oxygen levels will continue to go down until he has surgery...Prayers for his healing are much appreciated.

This picture is not the best quality, but this is Strong Ox (his daddy, my brother) and the Chunk just a few weeks ago...So precious. 

 The Squish is as adorable and hilarious as ever. In this picture, she and I had been picking blueberries and neither of us could figure out how the berries in the bowl in her care kept mysteriously disappearing...


 Mini-man (10) helping me carry my bags in -- so macho. 

 And, of course, what's summer without some quality time with dearest friends? This is us the day of our graduation, all dressed up!

This lovely lady came all the way from Nevada to visit for a few days! We had a grand evening catching up, eating fro-yo, walking around down-town, and admiring the pose of the ballerina painted on the wall... 

 College friends and fro-yo! The gal in the middle is from Scotland, and it was such a pleasure get to know her and learn more about her country before she headed home.

Over the course of the summer, we have had a few opportunities to spend time at the lake, paddle-boarding, talking, oh, and getting very red tans. 

I could keep going, but this post has gotten extremely lengthy and I believe I could be doing better things with my time...

Hold fast to Jesus!
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment